More Comfortable: The goal was for the upper to comfortably wrap the foot. This is accomplished by offset zonal closure, more padding on the tongue and heel cup, and strategic placement of Dyneema mesh. Through improved construction, the front of the shoe has more volume on the sides, reducing pressure on the 1st and 5th metatarsal. On previous generations of Specialized shoes, the bayonets that hold the dials were sewn in. They have advanced to thermo bonding for better durability and no chance for discomfort from stitches.
Better Outsole: Extensively engineered for stiffness and weight. Pressure mapping from riders and FE analysis informed a specific layup and shapes, delivering a stiffness index of 15.
Better Boas: Proprietary S3 Boa dials are cnc’d from alloy. Spring clutch internals for extended durability.
Better Availability: The shoes are unisex with all colors offered in all sizes. Half sizes available in some colours and a wide option is also coming.
- Pressure mapping has been used to determine where force is applied while riding
leading to a specific geometry lay-up
- Lightweight and stiff due to efficient use of material and shapes
- Padlock Heel holds back of foot in place while pedalling
- Dyneema mesh one-piece upper wraps around midfoot providing secure, comfortable fit
- Laser cut for precision and thermobonded for comfort and durability. The dyneema mesh in the one piece upper wraps around the midfoot and using our zonal closure system you have the most secure fit.
- All materials and Boa components are welded together to eliminate any stack-up that might press against the foot uncomfortably
- Dorsal artery padded to not effect bloodflow when the shoe is tightened
- S3 Boa dials are cnc’d from alloy with spring clutch internals for extended durability
Get in touch with us if you need to know more or come in store to have a look at the new kicks