Your Ultimate Trail Bike is finally here. Introducing the all-new Stumpjumper!
The new Stumpjumper is the UIltimate Trail Bike. Seriously, the damn thing rides like it’s on rails. It’s the most versatile trail bike Specialized have ever made. And yeah, we’re stoked about that, but we’re even more excited about how well it’s tuned to you. Specialized have said goodbye to proprietary BS, focused on your needs, and made, what we feel, is the new benchmark in trail bikes.
The new Stumpjumper is available in three new variants:
– Stumpjumper ST (Mens & Womens) – Snappy & Nimble
– Stumpjumper (Mens & Womens) – Fast & Planted
– Stumpjumper Evo – Pushing the Limits, Gravity Focussed
– Sidearm frame optimises stiffness and weight = precise handling frame, especially rough terrain
– Plush suspension with support throughout the travel = supported throughout entire travel and it’s metric so you can run whatever shock you think is best
– Adjustability for every trail and rider = a flip chip to change geo, a threaded BB and ample tyre clearance. Everything a modern trail rider wants.
• TESTING: Extensive field testing was performed in order to fine-tune the front-end stiffness. The Specialized team would go ride a working version of the frame, provide feedback, and then they’d overwrap the frame with carbon plies, test it in the lab to record the stiffness values, and then give it back to the rider. They did this exact fine-tuning process over and over until they hit the perfect balance of stiffness and handling. And the result is a bike that feels like it’s riding on rails. Point it where you want, and you’re going there. This is Rider-First Engineered™ for mountain, and it delivers the ultimate trail ride — regardless of size.• SIDEARM FRAME: The sidearm design directly connects all three mounting points of the rear-end and shock to the frame, and this creates a significant increase in both stiffness and performance over bumps. More explicitly, frame flex has been minimized when the rear suspension is active. In CAD, Specialized were able to put the new 3D shape against the last iteration of the Stumpjumper, and with Finite Element Analysis (FEA), they were able to prove that the new layout was 20% more efficient. At the end of all of this, they’ve ended up with one of the lightest trail frames on the market.
• FSR: We love FSR, because it allows a tune of every part of the suspension with the least amount of compromises. Bike suspension is a marriage between the frame kinematics and the shock, after all. And given that Specialized have their own Suspension Team, they had them working hand-in-hand with the frame engineers on the bike design from day one. Because of this union, they’re now able to rely more on the frame kinematics and less on the shock damper. What does this mean for the ride? Well, it’s now supple for the small bumps, with a firm mid-stroke and exceptional bottom-out support. This is the suspension that makes the Ultimate Trail Bike.
• RX TUNE: The in-house Suspension Team adjusts every shock to ensure that it’s perfectly paired for the specific kinematics of your bike, so it’ll ride in the sweet spot with an ideal range of adjustability.
• WOMEN’S RX TUNE: female riders won’t get a better tune than what’s on offer, here. Female riders are typically lighter, so the volume, compression, and rebound are adjusted accordingly for every frame and wheel size. The goal is for the rear shock and fork to perform the same as with the men’s Rx Tune at lower pressures.
• ADJUSTABILITY: All of the configurations use standard stroke and eye-to-eye metric shocks, so you won’t find Shock Block anywhere. Specialized have also ditched the PF30 bottom bracket of yesteryear in favor of moving back to a threaded BB system, and both 27.5 and 29 frames can fit up to 3.0” tires, now. You’ll still want to check with your fork manufacturer to make sure a high-volume tyre can fit.
• FLIP CHIP: There are two settings, High and Low, and when you “flip the chip,” you effectively change the bottom bracket height by 6mm and the head tube angle by half-a-degree.
• IMPROVED CABLE ROUTING: Full tubes can be found throughout the carbon frame, so all you have to do is push the cable housing and it’ll come out the other end. No more lazy loop, hidden stashes of magnets, pokey spokes, or pillows to cry in.
• SWAT™ DOWN TUBE STORAGE: The new SWAT™ Down Tube Storage takes everything from the last generation and makes it sleeker and lighter, while also adding 20% more volume.
• QUIETER DRIVETRAINS: The revolutionary new chainstay protector makes drivetrains virtually silent and pretty much makes chain slap a thing of the past.
Here is a chart of the basic Geometries for the 6 Variants of Stumpjumper:
Get in contact with us below if you want more information and for all pricing and availabilities.